We all know that the E-Learning landscape is rapidly changing. With so much information available, staying up-to-date with the latest information and statistics within the industry can be time consuming. To help you get informed, we’ve gathered and summarised 14 statistics from a range of sources in a useful infographic that will inform you about what’s happening in the E-Learning industry this year.
This infographic is available to download here.
- The average online learner is 34 years old.
- 82 per cent of learners are undergraduates.
- 81 per cent of learners are employed. 
- Over 40 per cent of global Fortune 500 companies now use some form of educational technology. 
- Companies who use E-Learning tools and strategies have the potential to boost productivity by 50 per cent. 
- For every $1 that a company spends on training, they can receive $30 worth of productivity gains. 
- In a survey of HR Managers, 12 per cent listed “not enough training” as the top reason for employees leaving. 
- Companies who offer best practice E-Learning and on-the-job training generate around 26 per cent more revenue per employee. 
- In 2011, it was estimated that 35.6 billion dollars was spent on self-paced E-Learning across the globe. Today, E-Learning is a 55.2 billion dollar industry and it’s going to double by 2015. 
- 72 per cent of companies stated that E-Learning helps them to keep up-to-date with changes in their industry, which helps them to keep remain competitive within their niche. 
- Companies that have a strong learning culture do better in their market than those who do not.
- Companies are 34 per cent more able to respond to the needs of the customer.
- Companies are 46 per cent more likely to be the leader in their industry.
- Companies are 17 per cent more likely to become the market share leader. 
Did you know?
E-Learning is expected to grow at an average of 23% in the years 2013-2017.
Please let us know your comments or share with others who you think may benefit from this. Visit www.aurionlearning.com or follow us on twitter @aurionlearning for our latest blog articles and updates.