We all know that the E-Learning landscape is rapidly changing. With so much information available, staying up-to-date with the latest information and statistics within the industry can be time consuming. To help you get informed, we’ve gathered and summarised 14 statistics from a range of sources in a useful infographic that will inform you about what’s happening in the E-Learning industry this year.
This infographic is available to download here.
- The average online learner is 34 years old.
- 82 per cent of learners are undergraduates.
- 81 per cent of learners are employed. 
- Over 40 per cent of global Fortune 500 companies now use some form of educational technology. 
- Companies who use E-Learning tools and strategies have the potential to boost productivity by 50 per cent. 
- For every $1 that a company spends on training, they can receive $30 worth of productivity gains. 
- In a survey of HR Managers, 12 per cent listed “not enough training” as the top reason for employees leaving. 
- Companies who offer best practice E-Learning and on-the-job training generate around 26 per cent more revenue per employee. 
- In 2011, it was estimated that 35.6 billion dollars was spent on self-paced E-Learning across the globe. Today, E-Learning is a 55.2 billion dollar industry and it’s going to double by 2015. 
- 72 per cent of companies stated that E-Learning helps them to keep up-to-date with changes in their industry, which helps them to keep remain competitive within their niche. 
- Companies that have a strong learning culture do better in their market than those who do not.
- Companies are 34 per cent more able to respond to the needs of the customer.
- Companies are 46 per cent more likely to be the leader in their industry.
- Companies are 17 per cent more likely to become the market share leader. 
Did you know?
E-Learning is expected to grow at an average of 23% in the years 2013-2017.
Please let us know your comments or share with others who you think may benefit from this. Visit www.aurionlearning.com or follow us on twitter @aurionlearning for our latest blog articles and updates.
Aurion Learning is an award winning online learning solutions provider. It helps organisations deliver intelligent learning and development solutions including e-learning, learning portals, learning management systems (LMS) and continuing professional development (CPD) management tools. It also provides strategy and capability building services to help organisations develop focussed online learning strategies and to develop their own online learning in-house.
For more information about Aurion Learning, please contact: Ciara Cunningham, Press Office, Aurion Learning Tel: +44 (0) 28 9064 3211 Email: [email protected]