It’s the beginning of a new year and 2015 looks set to be an exciting one for E-Learning! Just before Christmas, we brought you 10 Key E-Learning Trends for 2015 and today we’ve compiled for you a handy infographic with the fifteen E-Learning statistics you need to know for 2015.
The digital learning scene changes and expands so fast, it can hard to keep up sometimes. We hope our statistics will help give you an idea of the power of E-Learning and the traits of leading learning organisations!
This infographic is available to download here.
- The number of types of learning technologies available has doubled in the last five years.
- 42% of leading learning companies say online learning has led to an increase in revenue and 56% say it has improved productivity.
- 81% of learners are responsible for managing their own personal development and 82% like to learn at their own pace.
- Organisations where L&D teams align their KPIs with senior management are 13 times more likely to report increased revenue and 50% more likely to see positive changes in staff behaviour.
- 91% of L&D leaders think learning technology should enable a quicker response to changing business conditions and organisational change.
- 3/5 organisations cannot implement a technology enabled learning strategy due to lack of skills.
- Only 49% of organisations have the Instructional Design skills they need. Only 28% have L&D staff confident in using new media in learning design. Only 31% have staff capable of developing digital content in-house.
- In 2015, 98% of organisations are predicted to use E-Learning courses as part of their learning strategy.
- By 2016, 83% of organisations are predicted to use video as part of their digital learning.
- In 2015, 50% of organisations are predicted to use games and complex simulations as part of their E-Learning.
- Currently, 74% of people use mobile devices for E-Learning, this will rise to 81% by 2016.
- By 2019, 50% of all classes will be delivered online.
- 42% of the public sector use MOOCs to achieve L&D goals.
- Leading learning companies are 33% more likely to use more varied and interesting media in their E-Learning design, twice as likely to encourage knowledge sharing and twice as likely to create knowledge repositories.
- The compound annual growth rate of the worldwide self-paced E-Learning market is 4.4% and is set to be worth $53 billion by 2018.
Please let us know your comments or share with others who you think may benefit from this. Visit www.aurionlearning.com or follow us on twitter @aurionlearning for our latest blog articles and updates.
Aurion Learning is an award winning online learning solutions provider. It helps organisations deliver intelligent learning and development solutions including e-learning, learning portals, learning management systems (LMS) and continuing professional development (CPD) management tools. It also provides strategy and capability building services to help organisations develop focussed online learning strategies and to develop their own online learning in-house.
For more information about Aurion Learning, please contact: Ciara Cunningham, Press Office, Aurion Learning Tel: +44 (0) 28 9064 3211 Email: [email protected]