The team at Awbery are being encouraged to think about how to improve the balance between home life and the office as part of National Work Life Week (2-6 October 2017).
We are supporting the national campaign by charity Working Families, with a programme of fun and active daily themes throughout the Week that are designed to stimulate both clients’ and its own teams’ awareness of wellbeing in the workplace, and its important role in achieving a healthy work life balance.
As our wellbeing specialist Mary Sisson, explains: "We want to highlight the ways we can help members of staff find the right work life balance. This is good for them and their families. And it makes great business sense too because our people are more motivated and productive. The national Work Life Week campaign is the perfect opportunity for us all to focus on being healthy and the benefits of this at work and home."
Awbery’s Work Life Week will feature:
· Motivational Monday – The whole Awbery team will take part in a workout to motivate and encourage healthy lifestyles.
· Treat Tuesday – A healthy treats picnic for all Awbery’s team in its office in Repton to keep energy levels consistent and ensuring breaks are taken.
· Wellness Wednesday –Awbery Director and wellbeing specialist Mary Sisson will broadcast a Podcast that will be downloadable from the firm’s website www.awberymanagement.co.uk on resilience and staying well when balancing family and work life.
· Therapeutic Thursday – Awbery’s office will be de-stressed with therapeutic music, fruit smoothies and herbal teas – and no caffeine consumed throughout the day.There will be a raffle with the prize being a relaxing pamper treatment at a local beauty therapist.
· Flexible Friday – Awbery’s management team will encourage staff to work flexible hours in a step to support a work/life balance that suits them
Working Families, which helps parents and carers - and their employers - find a better balance between responsibilities at home and work, is encouraging organisations to take part in National Work Life Week from October 2 to 6, 2017. The charity hopes the campaign will spark conversations among employees about the benefits of time spent away from work and ways they can improve their work-life balance. For more information and find out how to get involved in this year's Work Life Week: www.workingfamilies.org.uk.