The Ridler Report : 7 Trends in Executive Coaching
- What qualities do you most value in coaches?
- How are you using team coaching?
- How do you balance internal and external coaching?
- For what purposes do you use executive coaching?
- Ability to insightfully raise coachee’s awareness of ingrained patterns of behaviour (83%)
- Ability to provide challenging feedback (82%)
- A steady growth in the use of team coaching is expected, particularly at the senior levels
- A similar, steady growth in the use of internal coaches is expected driven by cost-efficiency
- Yet 85% of the most senior executives still prefer an external coach because of their independence, coaching expertise and greater inclination to challenge prevailing assumptions
- There has been a significant increase in the use of coaching for senior people who are identified as under-performing – 15% in 2011 up to 31% in 2013
- Coaching was ranked a more highly rated form of senior leadership development than a business school programme across 6 out of the 7 criteria tested in the questionnaire.
You might also be interested in
I am committed to working with corporate CEOs who wish to play a bigger, braver role in the world transforming the triple bottom line to deliver great financial results, strong personal relationships and a positive contribution to the wider community. I am using my experience, skills and vision to act as a global facilitator of this shift,...