Sift Media, the company behind TrainingZone, is looking for a versatile technology journalist to write copy for professional online communities serving 250,000+ members in finance, CRM, small business, accountancy, HR and learning.
The role will require regular interaction with community members to answer their questions and pursue issues they raise. The successful applicant will be an ambitious, self-directed writer who is conversant with business technology and web applications. He or she will work with IT and community editors to ensure their content requirements are met and will occasionally represent the portfolio at exhibitions, press conferences and other events.
The post could suit someone with a business/technology background who is looking for an opportunity to break into online publishing.
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities:
1. The ability to communicate complex technology topics accurately in a clear, jargon-free writing style.
2. A well informed interest in business issues and the tools used in accounting/finance, HR, sales/marketing, learning and knowledge management.
3. A fast worker able to meet deadlines and prioritise a varied workload effectively.
4. An understanding of web content management, the web's role in professional publishing and the needs of Sift Media's online audiences.
5. Knowledge of popular business applications such as Microsoft Office and Sage and tools from the likes of Google, Adobe and Salesforce.
6. Good people and communication skills. The IT writer will need to deal diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, from Sift managers and colleagues to community members, industry contacts, PRs and business leaders.
7. Versatility - both in adapting articles for different audiences and in taking on different tasks within the portfolio as needed.
8. Experience of contract publishing or corporate communications would be an advantage.
In the first instance please email your CV to technology editor John Stokdyk at: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from any interested TrainingZone members.