No Image Available

Nicky McCrudden

McCrudden Training

Founder & Managing Director

Read more from Nicky McCrudden

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Assessing / Demonstrating Learning

default-16x9

I have a client who wants to put a large group of staff through a non-accredited, modular leadership programme for mid-level managers.  Six modules in total covering a range of leadership skills. Although they don't want accreditation, I'm keen that learners should be asked to commit to applying learning (ideally using it in a work project), but I'm looking for a way to assess this without creating a volumne of additional work.

I considered a presentation at the end of the programme but with multipl cohorts and large groups that is too time consuming.  Similarly, a written assignment would take time to evaluate (and my client doesn't have the budget to fund this).

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ingenious idea's for simple ways to evaluate learning (beyond simple knowledge gain) that don't involve a significant time commitment.  All suggestions welcome please!

3 Responses

1. If they’re existing managers,
    If they’re existing managers, then it’s probably not additional work you want anyway, but existing work done in a better way. So how about doing a questionnaire / survey etc. with their direct reports, say 3 months after, to establish what changes in behaviour they’ve noted? The attendees are often happy to tell you that they programme made a real difference, that they’ve really improved on their communication, their delegation or whatever. But the end ‘customer’ in all of this is the people they actually manage, so ask them for feedback.

2. get them to make video
    get them to make video demonstrating how they are using it and upload onto youtube for review and feedback. Give them some simple parameters and there you go.

No Image Available
Nicky McCrudden

Founder & Managing Director

Read more from Nicky McCrudden
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!