No Image Available

Jackie Slotte

Read more from Jackie Slotte

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Classroom delivery

default-16x9

I'd like to find out whether in any of your organisations both past and present there exists/existed a standard number of days an internal consultant should be delivering classroom-based Learning. Currently, we are working with 3 days per week. This seems extremely excessive and counter-intuitive to the other work that should be ongoing such as preparing for delivery; partnering, diagnosing etc. In addition, if these 3 days per week of delivery are based on delivering behavioural subjects, these delivery days tend to be more of a stretch as these need strong facilitation arguably. This is as opposed to compliance-driven workshops such as Health & Safety, which are more black & white and could arguably take less effort in terms of delivering key messages as there is a clearly one way to operate effectively in these particular subjects. 

One Response

1. Hi there, I think it’s fair
    Hi there, I think it’s fair to say that the number of training hours delivered or number of days spent delivering training is not a useful measure in L & D now. I’m not sure any internal L & D function would still be using this as a measure. All KPI’s should be linked to how well you assist the business in achieving their targets/goals/objectives through the delivery of learning interventions.. Number of hours delivery does not indicate anything useful has been achieved and is, therefore, a redundant measure. It may show how busy you are but not how well people have learned to improve their performance which is the most important thing.
    you should do as much or as little delivery as each subject demands. Hope that helps.

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!