No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Coaching Role Play Exercises

default-16x9

Hi All

I am currently developing a Coaching and Development module for a Leadership Training Programme and wondered whether anyone had any good coaching role play exercises used in similar sessions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Claire Hayle
Claire Hayle

7 Responses

1. Rather than cases use real life
    Hi Claire and all,

Rather than use role play exercises. Why not ask participants to bring along to the workshop “bite sized” coaching issues that they would be happy to be coached on.

This way people get practice with real issues, albeit small ones, and you never know, some one might get just the coaching they need.

It is better to front load this and ask participants to bring 3 or 4 ideas to the workshop ahead of time.

Regards from a windy Spain, Andi Roberts
    http://www.masterfacilitator.com

2. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Hi Andy

Thank you for this suggestion. It’s much appreciated.

3. I agree
    Claire
    I support Andy on this, this gives the delegates a real practice rather than a “Yeah but I wouldn’t do that in the real world…” situation
    I have also seen delegates walk out of the practice session with an absolutely life changing outcome that no one ever expected
    Rus

4. Printer’s Box Short Coaching Exercise
    Claire,
    I too agree with the great suggestions of asking the delegates to bring real life scenarios’ I run a Coaching 4 Mgrs, 3 day workshop and delegates bring along real-life coaching opportunities, it makes the role-play much more interesting, relevant and fun.
    I do have a brief exercise though called Printer’s Box around Coaching – please contact me and I’d be happy to share it with you.
    Good Luck
    Buffy
    http://www.rippleeffect.eu

1. Hi Claire,
      Hi Claire,
      I wondered if you would share the Printer’s Box exercise as I would like to check it out for a coaching training session I am delivering soon.
      Mnay thanks,
      Angela

5. What a great help – thank you!
    Thanks to everyone who has replied – you’ve been a great help.

Buffy, as mentioned, I will certainly let you know how the exercise goes.

Regards

6. Printer’s Box Short Coaching Exercise

Hello Buffy,

Was wondering if you would be so kind as to also share the Printer’s Box Coaching Exercise with me, I am teaching individuals that are just moving into management and at times they struggle to bring there own examples.  Thought if I had something in my back pocket it would help to elevate some of the stress they sometime experience.

Thanks, 

Wima

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!