No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Cross Team Working Exercise

default-16x9

I am currently planning a training day for a division in my organisation which is made up of 4 branches.

I am looking to run an exercise to get the different branches to work together to solve a problem, possibly by trading or negotiation and wondered if anyone has an example of this type of exercise?
David McLean

5 Responses

1. Prisoner’s dilemma
    David
    You might try one of the many versions of Prisoner’s Dilemma (eg see p.10 on http://www.osf.org.za/File_Uploads/docs/03teams.doc; in this guise sometimes also called Red/Blue or X/Y).
    Get Branch A to play Branch B, Branch C to play Branch D with the simple challenge to score as much as the can.
    It is a simple and interesting exercise that makes the point around collaboration quite powerfully without you having to push it.
    Best of luck
    Graham

2. Multiplyer exercise
    PD’s are excellent as Graham has suggested. Here is another one:

You can use the Multiplayer Puzzle which helps the delegates to understand the value of cooperation and negotiation. It pushes people to go out of their comfort zone and understand that if they want something done, they need other people’s help and they will be much more effective if they ‘think’ cooperatively all the time when solving problems.

Hope this helps.

3. Rollerball
    Hi David

Here at Unique Solutions Ltd we have designed loads of different exercises that meet this need. One is a business simulation called Rollerball where different teams work in adjacent areas and have to work together to build one construction to convey a ball from a start point to an end point under gravity. Click here for some more detail and photos etc.

Although on this page there is restricted numbers in terms of group size this is purely for pricing. The largest group we have run Rollerball with was 140 people.

The activity is completely customisable in order to meet the key learning you require and also to match the culture of the organisation. This makes the activity exceptionally powerful and facilitates the learning to be transfered to the workplace.

If this brief description is not enough or you would like further ideas then give me a call on 01629 691 691 or click here to send me an email.

4. Team Working
    Try our Free Training Resources. There are many training games that will help you with this. However, I can particularly recommend; Team Juggle, Block-Up, All Aboard, Team Totem and The Team Bus.

Andrew
    Trainer Bubble

5. Thanks
    Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions, i think i now have an exercise.

David

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!