For those trainers and developers who may find this useful I present my device for displaying anything up to three flip chart sheets simultaneously using a single flip chart stand. This can be handy when you are wanting to compare and contrast or just utilise a large display area. The photograph helps illustrate much of what is written here.
To adapt your flipchart the system requires:
• A folding 2m Wooden Ruler
• 4 small bulldog clips
• Spring clamps, 2 Small,1 Medium
Instructions for assembly:
1. Open up the ruler and centre it across the top of the flip chart stand holding it in place at the midpoint with the medium size spring clip.
2. Fasten the two smaller spring clips on either side of the flip chart, securing the ruler to the stand. Three spring clips now firmly hold the ruler in position.
3. Attach the bulldog clips onto the ruler where it extends beyond either side of the stand. Place one across the first folding hinge immediately adjacent to the side of the stand, the second on the last folding hinge of the ruler. Do this for both sides. You will use these clips to attach the paper. Placed in these positions they also help stop the joints from bending.
4. Bend up either arm from the first joint when not in use.
It is not appropriate for all circumstances but it has helped me immensely in a variety of situations. I hope you find it useful.