No Image Available

Ian Stone

West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

Organisational Development Manager

Read more from Ian Stone

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

e-learning provider with LMS & Content…. where to start!

default-16x9

I am looking for some companies to invite as potential providers of e-learning for my company.

We employee about 1000 people and would be looking at around 800 or so with e-learning licenses.  We have a mixture of self authored content and a series of business related content (personal development, management, health & safety). 

I would be looking for a good LMS we can set up with support from the company and could then self-manage going forward.

Does anybody have any experience of companies with UK content and any contact information I could have to start the ball rolling?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

(I'm looking for user / administrator experiences NOT sales pitches please).

10 Responses

1. Kineo

Kineo in Brighton. http://www.kineo.com/ Highly recommended, they do most of our E Learning and I have to say it’s pretty impressive.

Kube http://kube.co.uk/ in North London are also excellent if you need Graphics / Animations etc that can run alongside your  Learning package. Short animations for use in Inductions etc are fantastic.

Contact me off line if you need more info.

2. Lots of platforms and providers, just getting the right LMS prov

Hello,

Lots of providers of e.learning out there to choose from and most can provide what you want, see your previous posts.  The main thing for efficiency is the integration of LMS to serve, measure and control what you want and let you know how it’s going.  If you are 100% e.learning you should get some information form the provider.  If you are less than 100%  then you may want to look at LMS first and build in the e.learning element as you may not get the efficiencies that you want going forward.

Best wishes,

Danny

3. e-learning content

— Judith Elliott 

Have a look at http://www.eltalking.com for 20 short clips you could use in your content or to stand alone streamed to users. They are a new concept and fill a big gap in UK video content for elearning; very short clips showing a range of difficult conversations and also very good value. Call them to get a quote to buy rather than stream and a password to view them all.

Yours Judith

4. eltalking

Loved the eltalking website and videos and have passed on to HR. Just in Time Learning is definetely the way forward. Thanks for the link.

5. Traineasy

Over the years I have implemented and managed many Learning Management Systems.  I have recently worked with a company in Milton Keynes called Traineasy http://www.traineasy.com who did a sterling job implementing a Learning Management System that meets the requirements in your post.

We had specific requirements which Traineasy converted into clear specifications and developed accordingly.  The cost of the LMS was well within our budget and Traineasy made every effort to work within our constraints.  We have since launched our LMS and it meets all our expectations.  I would definitely recommend them.

6. Develop Your Own

Hi,

I have recently project managed and designed a bespoke LMS for the business I am in.  This helps us create bespoke courses for our employees which could be an option to you.

Dan.

7. LMS – No license fees

Did you check out social LMS TOPYX?  http://interactyx.com/why-topyx/

Some big testimonials for TOPYX.  And, they offer unlimited users – which is rare – better than paying for 800 license fees.  Plus, make sure you find something that is SCORM Certified so whatever content you move forward with will be able to be delivered without a problem.

8. Abara LMS –
    Abara LMS –
    Abara LMS is a modern, mobile-first Learning Management System for Corporates, Training and eLearning companies. Abara, which means ‘coach’ in Igbo, an African language, provides the Learning Management System domain with an innovative and intelligent approach to e-learning. Built for today’s dynamic workplace, it leverages a mobile-first approach in the HTML5 user interface, and can be accessed on iPads, Android phones and desktops. Abara is built with design considerations to provide the learner as well as the educator a state-of-the-art experience adding value to the entire learning ecosystem.
    For more information, visit http://www.abaralms.com or follow @AbaraLms on Twitter.

What makes Abara the perfect Learning Management System for you?

There are many reasons why Abara is trusted by some of the leading Corporate and Training companies across the globe. Abara is the only Learning Management System which is truly Mobile-First and offers a hassle-free learning experience.
    Abara is built with design considerations to provide the learner as well as the educator a state-of-the-art experience adding value to the entire learning ecosystem. Below are some of the features that make Abara a highly efficient and effective Learning Management System –
    • Modern and easy-to-use interface
    • Anytime, anywhere delivery of learning
    • Highly configurable features
    • Secure, scalable and robust
    • Amazon Cloud hosted

Who Uses This Software?

Abara LMS is best suited for Corporate, eLearning providers, Training and catalogue companies, e-commerce, Small to medium businesses as well as large enterprises or corporate.

Abara LMS Features
    • AICC / SCORM Compliant
    • Asynchronous Learning
    • Built-In Course Authoring
    • Certification Management
    • Corporate / Business
    • e-commerce
    • Employee Training
    • Gamification
    • Mobile Learning
    • Skills Tracking
    • Social Learning
    • Testing / Assessments
    • Training Companies
    • Customizable
    • Cost effective Solution
    • Powerful reporting (standard plus customized reporting)
    • Multi-tenant architecture
    • API interface with 3rd party systems
    • Amazon Cloud Hosting
    • Secure and scalable
    • 99.9% uptime
    • 24X7 Server Monitoring
    • Great customer service and support

No Image Available
Ian Stone

Organisational Development Manager

Read more from Ian Stone
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!