No Image Available

G

abc

Business Trainer

Read more from G

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Improving Guest/Customer Service

default-16x9

Hi all,

I have been asked to create a training presentation on improving guest service training with front facing staff. The business falls under the Leisure and Entertainment industry.

Was wondering if anybody would be happy to help me get started with some useful material they have or have used in the past.

Thanks in advance!

3 Responses

1. A story….

…..I haven't worked in that industry but I heard a story from a mystery shopper company, that I worked with, that tells of where customer facing staff in that industry need to get to.

This person often worked in a large UK city where hotels didn't generally have parking except for maybe one hotel that this person always tried to stay at.  One time they couldn't get a reservation at the preferred hotel and had to stay somewhere nearby without parking.  The person was, however, working opposite their preferred hotel and went in anyway and asked if he could park there.  Expalining that he wasn't a guest that time but often used that hotel and intended to use it again.

The staff member on reception said 'yes certainly sir that would be fine'. He was happy but flabbergasted because the first person he talked to made the decision; they didn't have to go and ask or think about it or reiterate company policy, they just did it.  That may sound simple but he found this to be unusual as many hotel staff he mystery shopped were trained in company policy or weren't given the freedom to make decision; having to go through the hierachy to ask s enior manager about anything other than the most basic exchanges.  This level of empowerment should be the minimum standard.

Hope that helps.

2. Imagine you are a guest and

Imagine you are a guest and go on a journey – think about every step when you encounter front of house staff. Make observations about your experience and make your training presentation relevant to the individuals who are attending. In other words think about your audience. I have often seen customer service training presentations pitched at the wrong level, these kind of training sessions are often patronising. Take your audience on the journey as customers and encourage them to set their expectations high. Have fun and try to avoid cliches.

3. you don’t say how long you

you don't say how long you have for the presentation. Do not make it to long especially if using  Power Point, don't forget to inject some humour into it.

Have some pre designed role play that you can give to two people one as the guest the other as staff instructing them what they need to do make sure you have bad good and excellent types as well.

Also make it appropriate for the age group

No Image Available
G

Business Trainer

Read more from G
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!