Author Profile Picture

Shonette Laffy

TrainingZone

Deputy Editor

Read more from Shonette Laffy

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Measuring customer satisfaction

default-16x9

We've had a post over on our LinkedIn group and I thought it would be interesting to hear your experiences and tips!

I am looking to overhaul an evaluation system to gauge customer satisfaction for the courses that we deliver. I am seeking your opinions with regards to the ways that you capture that information. At the moment we ask the student on what they liked or disliked and a number of questions along those lines at the end of a 3 or 4 day course So I'm interested in a better system, therefore:

• Does anyone use Net Promoter Scores (NPS) to determine customer satisfaction? 
  • Is this NPS system effective and what do you use? 
  • What type of questions do you ask?
  • Can you recommend an effective way of capturing this information?
  • Do you ever contact your students with regards to feedback that has been left? 

3 Responses

1. Hi Shonette
      Hi Shonette

My initial question is what do you want to measure it for?

Make sure you focus on the learner/student. So ask them about their experience of the training, what they learnt, did it meet their objectives, what have they learnt?

The third party providers that we use will do the end of training initial assessment and then we follow up with 2 more.

One which is sent 2 weeks after, allowing more time for reflection from the student. This focuses on the learning experience. It also acts as a nudge if they haven’t made any changes.

The second is our performance evaluation. This is sent 3 months after the training and focuses more on the impact on performance for the learner. After 3 months there should be a change in performance, or a valid reason why not. Recently a learner completed one saying he hadn’t used what he learnt on his training as the project got cancelled.

We always contact delegates if they leave extreme feedback or comments e.g. it was awful or it was amazing, or comments which we aren’t clear about.

Good luck

Blake
      Optimus Sourcing

1. Thanks Blake – I’ll let the
        Thanks Blake – I’ll let the person on LinkedIn know that you’ve responded; some great advice though, thank you for sharing!

Author Profile Picture
    Shonette Laffy

Deputy Editor

Read more from Shonette Laffy
    Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!