No Image Available

Seb Anthony

Read more from Seb Anthony

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Office 2007 roll out training

default-16x9

Hi - I am fairly new to ICT Training and now have the responsibility to plan and deliver a training stategy and programme for rolling out 2007 to an office of 250 people and also our smaller international offices as well. Does anyone have any advice or tips they can share with me on how to plan this? Thanks
Natalia Wykes

4 Responses

1. blended learning
    Training options depend on the existing IT ability/ knowledge of your staff.

A good way to cover staff at home and abroad at the same time is to put materials on line on your ‘intranet’. Either .pdf documents or by creating tutorials or running online workshops (takes a bit longer if you haven’t got the software yet!).

At least give them a ‘What’s new’ presentation (handout/ online/ face to face) because 2007 is initially VERY different from the previous versions…

250 sounds a nice number – wait till you’ve got 6,500 staff who would prefer face to face and only 3 trainers!

2. Reply
    Many thanks for this. I am a little uncertain as to how and tackle the face to face side. Perhaps just point out the differences of 2007?

3. Microsoft online…
    Have a look at the online materials from Microsoft…
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/getstarted/FX101055081033.aspx

You could email or put a notice on your intranet so that staff can access the Getting Started materials on line with this link.

If you need to run face to face support then run a short session along the same lines as MS – give a demo and then let them play with it – a hand out on “where to find things now” might be useful whilst they are playing…

Hope this helps!

4. Support / training materials
    Hi Natalia – we publish support // training materials that you may well find useful for your Office 2007 roll-out training. One of our most popular courseware titles is ‘Upgrading to Office 2007’, and I would be pleased to arrange for a free evaluation copy for you – please email me directly with your contact details and I’ll make arrangements.

Regards,

Andy

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!