No Image Available

Kevin Brown

AW Systems

Manager

Read more from Kevin Brown

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Prince2 Certified Trainers

default-16x9

I would like to know what it takes to become a Prince2 Trainer.
I have just phoned APMG who advise me that a pass rate of 66% in the Practitioner exam along with sponsorship from an accredited training organisation (ATO) and you're in!

I have also seen in a previous thread that any would be trainer needs APMG assessment, so I'm well confused.
If APMG assessment is required, is there any way to check that Trainers have been assessed or certified without requesting the information from the Trainer's company?

I ask not because I want to become a Trainer, but as I have now enrolled on a Prince2 course, but it appears that the proposed Trainer has zero Project Management experience.

5 Responses

1. Prince2 Trainer

There are 3 basic elements to becoming a Prince2 trainer:

• Pass the Practitioner exam with a pass mark of at least 66%
    • Be able to prove that you have run a project (preferebaly many projects over a few years)
    • Be able to prove that you can teach

The next step is to find a training company who will mentor you through the process of becoming a Prince2 trainer because you will be working towards the trainer’s exam.  The trainer’s exam / assessment normally takes 3 hours – the first half is the assessor watching you deliver part of the training course and seeing how you explain the method and how you handle questions. The second half is a one-to-one session with the assessor who will test your knowledge of the methodology – IN GREAT DEPTH!  If you pass this assessment then you will be an accredited Prince2 trainer.

Your actions as a trainer will be monitored by the exam body so that the standard can be kept high.

I’ve been teaching Prince2 for the past 10 years and thoroughly enjoy it – I hope you will too.

Ray

2. Prince2 Certified Trainers

Ray,

Thanks for your insight.
    Could you please confirm who assesses the trainer. Is it the training company or is it APMG?

3. What it takes to become a PRINCE2 trainer

All the answers you have so far are correct, but I believe your question was more along the lines of ‘how on earth do you get to be a PRINCE2 trainer with no project management experience?’ The answer is that the requirement is either to have project management experience, OR to have extensive training experience, maybe in a related discipline.

In answer to your follow-up enquiry, it is APMG who assess and accredit the trainers, not the ATO.

4. Many IT gurus will certainly
    Many IT gurus will certainly declare that they can’t help Microsoft certification regarding any kind. Many IT gurus think that certifying using virtually any particular dealer is only a method with the particular dealer to guard their particular product or service. http://www.dumpsnow.com/dumps/70-680.php

5. Becoming an Approved PRINCE2
    Becoming an Approved PRINCE2 Trainer and being sponsored by an Accredited Training Organisation means that you can provide accredited PRINCE2 training. The market for PRINCE2 training courses is large and appears to be growing — not only in the UK, but internationally too. Tens of thousands of candidates around the world take the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams each year, and large numbers of them prepare for those exams by completing PRINCE2 courses.
    PRINCE2 trainer requirements
    A score of at least 66% in the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
    If you want to pass PRINCE2-Foundation you can visit here: https://authenticdumps.com/dumps/prince2-foundation/

No Image Available
Kevin Brown

Manager

Read more from Kevin Brown
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!