No Image Available

Lynn Rodgers

Virgin Money

Organisational Development Channels Manager

Read more from Lynn Rodgers

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Qualifications or training for Operational Coaches

default-16x9

We have Coaches who support staff in frontline areas and provide coaching on 'technical' know-how. They're normally selected based on their own high performance in an Operational role. I'd like to provide formal training for them, possibly a formal qualification. Any suggestions or experiences to share?

One Response

1. Hi lxrodge, coaching is an
    Hi lxrodge, coaching is an area of expertise for me and I just want to ask you to think about something first and that’s; ‘what do you mean by coaching?’
    When I started working for my current Org, they had SME’s who were supposed to be coaching. However, what they were actually doing was advising, telling or mentoring – all valid activities but none of it was actually coaching. When I provided support and education about what coaching is; most struggled as coaching is perhaps the opposite of all the approaches mentioned above.
    The good news is that you can actually get a totally free and excellent two day certified coaching course via the Coaching Academy. Here is the link:
    http://www.the-coaching-academy.com/coaching-course/free-coach-training.asp
    I would urge you to explore whether what you consider to be coaching is the same as what will be explored in this (or any course). Hope that helps.

No Image Available
Lynn Rodgers

Organisational Development Channels Manager

Read more from Lynn Rodgers
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!