No Image Available

John Greene

Prescription training

MD

Read more from John Greene

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Should I recruit a sales person?

default-16x9

Hi,

I'm wondering if any other training companies have "been there, tried it!" with this one?

I'm wondering if I invest more time and money in a sales person (we've tried a couple so far, but without success: one kept sending out the wrong information and going home early, the next guy spent 5 months with us, was all about strategy etc. but increased sales by 0%).

Or should I spend the money on a trainer based in the office who could take some of the workload off myself/take calls from potential leads. As this person would also be a trainer, update materials etc. they would have more subject knowledge and be able to have more meaningful conversations with potential clients.

The problem I find is that the sales people I have tried, don't take the time to really understand the training we offer (it's a bit niche: medication training for social care staff). I also wonder if telesales/email/direct mail outs etc are a good idea.

If I took on a trainer for say 2 days a week (and then grew those hours) I might have more time for blogs (training updates), Linked Ins, speaker engagements etc. All our trainers are currently associates.

Is anyone else coming to this conclusion (use the trainers as sales staff) or have I just been unlucky/not provided the sales people I have tried with enough direction etc.

How have other training companies got on?

One Response

1. Having salesperson to sell
    Having salesperson to sell your product offline is really important. But if you tell me a more specific what your product or service is, it would be much easier to give you a recommendation on how to develop your sales growth. Salespersons are necessary if they are really passionate about what they do, and know some creative ways how to sell your product or service.

But if it seems possible to market your business online, you can start a website for your business. And then, the next step, advertise your product online on Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Bing. While your business running, perform search engine marketing specifically in SEO for a long run leads generation. And the last one, join an affiliate network program where expert internet marketers search for products to sell. Talk to them and make your commision sharing term interesting so as they would like to promote your business on their sites, social media, or using email marketing automation to their existing subscribers.

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!