An ex-colleague of mine used to say that us trainers are a bit like actors. Regardless of how we're feeling on the day, we stand at the front and perform!
I regularly liken myself to an air steward when I'm delivering a training session. For up to seven hours on this long-haul "flight" I ensure I'm:
- All "eyes and teeth, eyes and teeth"
- Making my "passengers" aware of health and safety procedures
- Fulfilling basic human needs
- Keeping a keen eye on folk who are a little highly strung
- Asking one or two bods to stop playing with their mobile phones
- Dealing with people's "baggage" !!
Can you relate to my analogy? Have you any of your own?