Author Profile Picture

Bryan Edwards

ABC Training Solutions

www.abctrainingsolutions.biz - off shelf training materials

Read more from Bryan Edwards

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Top 10 training and development quotations. What are yours?

default-16x9

I like using quotations in my delegate manuals. Delegates feedback that they like them too. My favourite training & development quotations are as follows. What are yours?

"Train people well enough so they can leave; treat them well enough so they don't want to"

SIR RICHARD BRANSON

"I am always ready to learn, but I do not always like being taught"

SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL

"The great end of learning is not knowledge but action"

PETER HONEY

"Training that brings about no change is as effective as a parachute that opens on the first bounce"

ANON

"If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all"

MICHELANGELO

"Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon"

EM FORSTER

"You don't have to be sick to get better"

MICHAEL JOSEPHSON

"It is in fact nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the wholly curious of inquiry"

ALBERT EINSTEIN

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself"

GALILEO GALILEI

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so"

DOUGLAS ADAMS

5 Responses

1. I also like the Gary Player
    I also like the Gary Player quote that highlights the necessity of practising new skills “The harder I practice, the luckier I get”

2. “The most basic form of human
    “The most basic form of human stupidity is forgetting what we are trying to accomplish ” Friedrich Nietzsche

Or

“Technology is not good or bad, but when you use it, it is never neutral” Melvin Kranzberg

Cheers, Paul

3. “If you laid all the people
    “If you laid all the people who have fallen asleep in presentations end to end, they’d all get a lot more rest”
    Bob Arnold

Author Profile Picture
Bryan Edwards

www.abctrainingsolutions.biz - off shelf training materials

Read more from Bryan Edwards
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!