No Image Available

Claire Coates

Read more from Claire Coates

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Train the trainer

default-16x9

morning, I'm about to roll out ' train the trainer' workshops. Has anyone got an advice on exercises i can include? My course is due to last four hours, with ongoing assessments. Any advice would be very helpful. 

many thanks in advance

8 Responses

1. Does your workshop cover one
    Does your workshop cover one specific aspect of training, if so I probably have exercises that will help. I am finding it hard to imagine covering a whole TTT in 4 hours?
    I have a challenge over two days focused on delivery and getting folks ready to make a start.

1. Hi, thanks for reply. My
      Hi, thanks for reply. My course is designed for people training out specific machinery in the factory. At the moment my trainees will only be delivering 1:1, practical sessions, lasting about 20 mins, so Im not going to cover any power point presentation skills. I’ve only got 4 trainees in each session. Working in a factory, there is a high possibility that they’ll need an activity about halfway through. This is what I’m searching for. Thanks in advance. Claire

1. OK, I don’t cover power-point
        OK, I don’t cover power-point slide design over the 2 days, its all about delivery and calibrating learners.
        I may have something that could help, please contact me on [email protected] and I will send you some ideas for exercises that I cover on my course. Cheers, Nick.

1. Hi nick, i would love to hear
          Hi nick, i would love to hear what you do. I’m aiming to make my session as interactive as possible due to my trainees already training other people on machinery in a factory.
          Thanks again in advance
          Claire

1. Hi, thanks for the training
      Hi, thanks for the training materials. Exercises went really well today. Got some great feedback. Going to use the other downloads you gave me soon, will be really good to introduce some new ideas.
      Really appreciate your help. Very successful day!

2. I have a lovely little
    I have a lovely little exercise that takes around 5-10 minutes about how when you communicate, it’s so easy to assume the other person is seeing everything the same as you, therefore you can miss out vital info, assuming they just ‘get it’. Perfect for illustrating that when having to give instructional training, it’s vital that you don’t make assumptions about someone else’s understanding. Message me if this sounds useful.

Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!