No Image Available

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Training Library

default-16x9

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions: if you could pick one book for a training library, what would it be?

Thanks

Jonathan

11 Responses

1. Book for a training library

Apologies for the really obvious answer:

7 habits of highly effective people by Steven Covey

Picked because it is that obvious! Even though it is getting a bit old now, the advice about personal effectiveness and prioritisation is still relevant and useful.

2. Thanks Sophie, that one’s

Thanks Sophie, that one's definitely in there!

Really good book, but not everyone's cup of tea.

3. The Tao of Coaching – Max

The Tao of Coaching – Max Landsberg.

If you know how to inspire people then you are on the road for professional success

4. Essential reading

Who Moved My Cheese  Dr Spencer Johnson

Once you get over the “Janet & John” style of writing, it’s an incredibly simple way of making a powerful point.  In fact, the power is in its simplicity.  It’s so easy to relate to real life and see parallels in your own workplace, no matter what industry you’re in.  And even the busiest leader can find the hour or so it takes to read it.

5. Jelly

The Jelly Effect – Andy Bounds

He is almost blind and his mother is the only blind Solicitor in the UK. From this experience he has developed amazing communication skills.

6. Book for training library.

Now to answer an impossible question (not the book title).

Although I am not a disciple of NLP I believe TRAINING WITH NLP – SKILLS FOR MANAGERS TRAINERS AND COMMUNICATORS by Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour provides a concise, valuable, readable guide to training design, delivery and management

7.  Thanks fpra5, Jane, Steve

Thanks fpra5, Jane, Steve and Alan.

All fantastic suggestions, and a couple I've not come across before.

Keep 'em coming…

8. is this a riddle, I like riddles!

If you could pick one book for a training library, what would it be?

a very small library!

9. The Tipping Point

Malcolm Gladwell's 'The Tipping Point' is an excellently written book and can be applied to almost everything!

No Image Available
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!