No Image Available

Andrew Gibbons

Andrew Gibbons

Management Consultant

Read more from Andrew Gibbons

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Why so little participation here?

default-16x9

Lots of people signed up yes...

Plenty of posts to read...

Responses, opinions, thoughts...very very poor...

I added up the numbers for the past four pages:

19,483 reads of 60 posts...90 answers

This works out at a response every 216 reads

Fifteen of the 60 posts on the four pages had no answers at all

Ten had just one.

So why I wonder is this?

....I wonder if I will get an answer!

8 Responses

1. Hmmmmm

Yes the system here seems rather…eccentric.

I wonder if I will become the third Steve Robson.

Seems to have settled now…2 answers so far – maybe a new trend is emerging!

2. personally…..

…I don't find the new look site as attractive or easy to use as the old one….maybe I'm just getting too old and stuck in my ways.

On top of which, it is Christmas break and so I've been rather tied up doing other things.

Happy New Year to you all (or both!)

Rus Slater

3. Hair

Unfortunately you have to go back further than 2002 to find anything you could call a hair style.

4. Languages too!

Every day the new look throws up a surprise.

Today I think we are partly in portuguese.

5. Thoughts from a new user

As the title says…

IMO the Any Answers section does not encourage participation due to the way the content is sorted on the date of the original post – not on the date of the last comment. Therefore you may have a really interesting topic of discussion which is pushed off the bottom of the list by four or five pointless/irrelevant posts which no one is interested in contributing to. If you sort on the date the last comment added the most active (and therefore most relevant) questions rise to the top and the least active sink to the bottom.

Also what is the point of the statistic below left of the title. It always reads the same irrespective of the question being viewed. Shouldn't this show the stats of the current question?

Dominic

No Image Available
Andrew Gibbons

Management Consultant

Read more from Andrew Gibbons
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!