Author Profile Picture

James Quinn

GRASP. Learning & Development

Learning & OD Consultant

Read more from James Quinn

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Workshop Exercises

default-16x9

Hi All

Happy Friday!

I'm due to run some data protection workshops over the next year or so and have been asked to make these department specific as each dept will have different issues around the DPA.

The content isn't a problem but I'd also like to get teams thinking about what specific challenges they face and start setting actions so they have an action plan when they return to their desks.

Does anyone has any good exercises or models that I could use to make this more engaging?

Many thanks

James

3 Responses

1. Hi James, the solution fish
    Hi James, the solution fish bone is a good tool for getting involvement and interaction. If you have large numbers you can either split into several teams and look at the same solution or different teams can look at a specific part of the overall solution.
    Another favourite action planning tool for me is the kids kit, who, what , why, when, where and how?
    I use rich pictures mostly when needing group engagement and ownership of action planning.
    You should be able to find the fishbone but I have not seen much on rich pictures so if you need details for either drop me a line. I am a full time L&D manager so this is not a sales pitch. [email protected]
    Cheers and good luck.

2. Hi James, always start by
    Hi James, always start by getting the groups to write a problem statement. This stops the problem being too broad and they will nail exactly what the problem is. This will help with the Fishbone and other problem solving tools. Also to get to the route of the problem use the 5 Why technique. So the statement might be, ‘We can’t get customer’s to go through a DPA process’. Then you ask Why to get to the next stage. You keep asking Why up to 5 times to get to the route of the problem which is often where the action plan needs to focus rather than the original statement. Hope that helps.

Author Profile Picture
James Quinn

Learning & OD Consultant

Read more from James Quinn
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!