No Image Available

Judith C

OCVA

Training Office

Read more from Judith C

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1705321608055-0’); });

Your Top Three

default-16x9

Hi there

What would be your top three reading resources for someone embarking upon a career in training?

Thanks

Judith

7 Responses

1. Sorry that was unclear

Hi there,

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. Note to self, to try not to communicate with a migraine.

I am seeking your top recommendations for books and other resources like web sites that have assisted and influenced your career in training and helped you become great in your role.  I am embarking on a new training role and want to build up my personal library/resources that I can draw upon to help me in my new role.

Hopefully I am making a bit more sense now

2. Sorry

Sorry my fault…obvious on second viewing!

Mindtools.com 

changingminds.org

TED.com 

hard to choose just 3…Celestine Prophecy probably most life changing book. 

3. Thanks

Hi there

Thanks for the recommendations.  These are now added to my personal list of resources.  It is always good to find out about new resources that I have not come across yet. There is so much out there to discover.

I too like the Celestine Prophecy interesting book and made me see things in a new light. It is a book I return to every few years.  

Judith

4. Resources etc

Dear Judith

Here are a few: 

Time to Think and More Time to Think by Nancy Kline

Flawless Consulting by Peter Block

On Personal Power by Carl Rogers

The most important thing to do is to invest time and energy in your own development. It's only by continuously learning yourself that you can maintain your empathy for your students. Also you will learn too and get better and better at what you do. One very nice, easy and free way to do this is to spend time "Coconsulting". You simply meet (best) or phone another professional and spend (say) half an hour each way mainly listening to each other. There is more here.

There are three hundred other articles and resources about organisation, management and personal development on my website. They are all free for you and anyone else to access and use.

I hope you enjoy the adventure of being a trainer!

Best wishes,

Nick

5. training resources

1. Training with NLP

2. Lots of self awareness tools – SDI, MBTI (konw yourself)

3. Problem definition tools (Geary Rummler performane model)  

6. Good Point…

Thank you for the recommendations Nick and perspec1.  Nick I think you are right we tend to develop others but forget about our own development in the process.

No Image Available
Judith C

Training Office

Read more from Judith C
Newsletter

Get the latest from TrainingZone.

Elevate your L&D expertise by subscribing to TrainingZone’s newsletter! Get curated insights, premium reports, and event updates from industry leaders.

Thank you!