Happy new year! We hope your first week back at work isn't too bad - allow us to get you up to speed with our picks of L&D news and opinion.
Let us know what you think of the articles we've shared, and tell us what you've enjoyed reading recently too.
- 5 ways to avoid overwhelming learners (eLearning Industry)
- What is meta learning? Where has it been used successfully? (Ed Tech Review)
- 5 team building games that can teach critical thinking skills (Global Digital Citizen Foundation)
Content seriesView full content series
- How to be happy: a guide for teachers (and everyone else) (The Guardian)
- 6 do's and don'ts when creating a self-managing organisation (Corporate Rebel)
- 12 L&D blogs of Christmas (Good Practice)
- How we learn: a reading list (How we get to next)
- What we learned about management in 2016, in 19 charts (Harvard Business Review)
- Virtual reality can leave you with an existential hangover (The Atlantic)
Training Zone's chatterbox Deputy Editor - come say hello on Twitter or LinkedIn.
I also write for our sister site HRZone when I'm not reading through your blogs and comments on here. Always happy to hear your feedback and suggestions!