Rich Lucas offers Jane Morrison advice on how to package an innovative training programme for unemployed clients looking to enter the labour market with particular reference to the customer service and retail sectors.
You may be doing this already but rather than just teaching skills throughout the training, build a plan of how it’s going to impact in the real world:
- For example ask your group to source the recruitment companies they will contact for work when the programme is over.
- Get them to think about what jobs they will specifically be going for and why.
- Ask them to conduct a SWOT analysis on themselves to help them become more self aware and to see how it relates to what jobs they can get.
- Build all of this into an action plan that they will put into progress when the programme is over.
- Make it as real and immediately practically applicable as you can, there should be a higher success rate then.
- You could arrange work placement/experience with local companies.
And of course not forgetting the soft skills (interview skills, communications skills etc. as already mentioned!)
View the original posting:
Innovative Approaches to Training.
See more Trainer’s Tips: