Let's have a revolution in leader developmentby
- people still out there purporting to deliver leadership development when in fact they are delivering information sessions ABOUT leadership and leader capability
- organisations still paying for it in the belief that it will create change.
- they don't want to scare potential clients away with the idea that people will actually change as human beings (heaven forfend)
- they often (in my experience) do not possess much understanding, training and experience of applying truly transformational deep learning approaches that generate such profound changes in people-they are more often successful entrepreneurs, economists or managers themselves who believe that anyone can teach, which is not the case
- they are terrified that if they use experiential processes in which people meet themselves and others in any meaningful way, they won't know how to manage the unpredictable interactions this implies.
This last one is entirely reasonable; if you haven't trained (and done the requisite personal development yourself) in processes which call up emotions, why on earth would you invite people to actively participate? I recently attended something which was billed as an 'interactive workshop', but was, in fact, the presenter 'interacting' with us via his powerpoint and asking a bunch of rhetorical questions. At least, I think they were rhetorical because he got no response from any of the 'participants'.
I am owner and Chief Sociatrist at Quantum Shift Global Ltd, based in London. I have a background in education, counselling and management of commercial and not-for-profit organisations. I bring a passion for lifelong learning and a deep understanding of human behaviour to my current work in organisational learning and development. I apply a...