Transforming learning and development pt1by
- Budgets for training are flat or reducing.
- Managers are finding it harder to release their staff for days at a time to attend training programmes.
- Travel budgets are under pressure making it harder for participants to travel to central training locations.
- L&D staff are apprehensive about the idea of using new learning technologies.
- You have had a poor experience in the past of using rather tedious self-study elearning.
- You are reluctant to compromise on the quality of the solutions you offer.
- You know you really do have to make changes but you’re not sure where to start.
Learning providers at the crossroads
What does this mean?
This feature will be concluded next week.
Clive Shepherd is a director of Onlignment, a consultancy that helps L&D providers, both in-company and external to transform their offering
Clive Shepherd is a consultant who specialises in the capability building of learning professionals. He is a founding partner of Skills Journey which provides a comprehensive curriculum of CPD programmes for those specialising in workplace learning and development.