Member Since: 6th Oct 2016
Helen Milner OBE is the Chief Executive of Tinder Foundation, a UK social enterprise and staff-owned mutual. She is passionate about making good things happen through digital technology. Helen works in partnership with over 5,000 hyper-local community partners so people can benefit from everything the internet has to offer. In the five years from 2010 - 2015 her organisation and its local partners have helped over 1.9 million people to do just that using www.learnmyway.com
Helen has 30 years’ experience of working on the internet, starting in 1985 in the private sector with TTNS, developing internet education content and services for UK children and schools. She worked in online education in Australia and Japan, and she helped to create learndirect.
Working closely with Government Ministers and officials since the 1990s, Helen’s ambition is to ensure that no one is left behind as the world becomes increasingly digital.
Helen’s achievements include:
* Being awarded an OBE for services to digital inclusion in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List, June 2015.
* Receiving the First Women Public Service award acknowledging her drive to support women in business and make a difference in June 2015.
* Being named by Computer Weekly as the 25th most influential person in UK IT in 2014.
* Becoming a member of The House of Commons Speaker’s Commission for Digital Democracy in 2013.
* Being a Commissioner for Social Mobility for Brent Council 2013 - 2014.
Chief Executive Tinder Foundation