Member Since: 25th Mar 2019
Mark Bouch is a speaker and proven leader in dynamic and complex environments.
As managing director of Leading Change, Mark has an extensive track record developing change leaders and high performing teams capable of delivering ambitious business plans.
He has a 30+ year career combining senior leadership, strategy development, planning and operational roles.
Clients include major UK and international business and third sector organisations, including:
Francis Crick Institute, the largest initiative in biomedical research in Europe in over a decade
- The Francis Crick Institute was the largest single investment into European R&D ever made
- Implemented a strategy to action framework including coherent execution plans for the Crick’s five strategic priorities, focused on the first three years of transformation (DWB2018), and integrated it with existing transition plans
Pfizer, one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies
- Helped to address problems faced by development project teams - the programme was a great success leading to tangible business results
- The team leader publicly credited the programme for catalysing a distinct improvement turning around a low probability of success & enabling them to file to regulatory authorities earlier than intended
- Programme outcomes included a conservative 10% to the business impact of the consultancy intervention, and a true RoI was in the order of 50:1.
London 2012 Transport
- Helped to facilitate London 2012’s transport readiness programme ahead of the 2012 Olympic Games - the most demanding the nation’s transport network had ever had to meet with over one million additional journeys on the busiest day
- Helped the transport domain to manage incidents and coordinate activity effectively
- Designed a command, control & communication (C3) exercise programme to rehearse and test leadership and management cells
Celgene, an American biotechnology company
- Developed and facilitated a conference in Geneva to launch the European network and engage all affiliates in what the network planned to achieve
- The conference incorporated experiential sessions to unite the team and strengthen intra-team relationships
- Helped the leadership team to develop its mission using 5MAP tools
Compass Group UK & Ireland, the market leader in contract catering
- Helped to weld the team together, define clear strategic direction aligned to the business and develop better relationships with sector customers
- Designed and implemented a foundation programme of three modules over a 3 month period with follow-up and review meetings
- The programme addressed the fundamentals of effective teamwork using Lencioni’s ‘5 Dysfunctions of a Team’ model
- Used a 5QMA (mission analysis) process to help the team translate their overall purpose and intent into more focused short-term missions
Before establishing Leading Change, Mark held several senior roles, including:
- Non-executive director of leadership at The Learning Architect - Advised and supported the founder throughout business launch and early development
- Director at Sykes Fairbairn - Built and maintained relationships in major client accounts, developing consulting solutions and leading programme implementation
- Consultant and director (UK) of McKinney Rogers International - Delivered 25% of consulting turnover through strategic alignment, leadership development, assessment centres and high performance team-working behaviour programmes
Mark has a proven track record of:
- Developing highly effective stakeholder relationships and establishing foundations for change
- Developing strategy and plans, determining resources and priorities necessary for success
- Building change leadership capability
- Delivering operational leadership in challenging, fast-moving environments, for example leadership of operational Army EOD units providing counter-terrorist support
- Developing and leading winning teams
- Designing and executing successful change programmes at corporate and business unit level, for example, transforming the operating model of a NASDAQ/AIM listed bio-technology company
Mark is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA) and the Institute of Leadership & Management (Institute LM).
In his spare time, Mark is a keen skier and a member of The Ski Club of Great Britain. He is also trustee and chairman of Devizes Canoe Club.
Managing Director Leading Change
11th Dec 2020
There's a familiar saying that goes: 'if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got'. It seems particularly...Training
10th Oct 2019
Since 1954 when Dr Donald Kirkpatrick first published ideas leading to the Kirkpatrick Model used by many learning and development...Training
5th Jul 2019
As bite-sized, self-directed online learning continues to evolve, should we be saying goodbye to class-room based learning? Or is there...Training
18th Apr 2019
Most people say they love to change but hate doing so. In order to facilitate effective change, leadership teams need to step up and be the...Strategy