Member Since: 26th Jun 2018
Cause4 is a social enterprise and one of the first certified B-Corporations in the UK. Founded in 2009 on ethical values, Cause4 supports organisations across the charity, arts, sports and education sectors, helping companies develop robust and sustainable business plans, cost-savings reviews and effective fundraising and investment strategies. Cause4 is recognised as an innovator and represented the UK in the 2015 European Business Awards and in 2016 was declared one of the top 50 scale up companies in the UK by Silicon Valley Comes to the UK. In 2017 Cause4 was voted one of the top ten philanthropic companies in the UK by readers of Real Business magazine.
Cause4’s founder and CEO, Michelle Wright, was named one of the top five most compassionate leaders in the UK by Salt Magazine, was a top 25 entry in the Smith and Williamson Power 100 for her work supporting other entrepreneurs and was part of the Maserati 100 and WISE 100 for top entrepreneurs in the UK. She was voted Woman of the Year at the Women’s World Awards in San Francisco in 2016.
Provoking change is at the heart of Cause4’s mission and its work ranges from developing solutions to the world’s most pressing problems, to ensuring that smaller community charities can run as efficiently as possible. Cause4’s clients include charities, corporations, funders and people that want to make things happen. Since set up in May 2009, Cause4 has raised over £54m for charitable causes.
Cause4 offers a range of learning opportunities through face to face training combined with its e-learning platform Cause4 Advance, all underpinned by the latest data and research. Industry innovating programmes spearheaded by Cause4 include
- Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy (a programme funded by Arts Council England to support arts & cultural professionals)
- Trustee Leadership Programme (run in conjunction with Close Brothers Asset Management and the Clothworkers’ Company to develop Trustee skills)
- Guildhall School Creative Entrepreneurs (supporting the creation of over 30 performing arts businesses)
- The Philanthropy Foundation (helping individuals and organisations set up their own philanthropic funds)
- Peter Sowerby Foundation (one of the leading health and innovation funders in the UK)
- Santander Women in Breakthrough (a mentoring scheme for the next generation of female UK entrepreneurs)
Cause4 is based in London Liverpool Street, with an office in Leeds and programes that extend to the Netherlands, the USA, Australia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Cause4 is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and to hold Investors in People accreditation.
More information about Cause4’s strategic development programmes and talent development initiatives can be found at www.cause4.co.uk.
7th Jun 2019
We now live in a continuous learning culture. Most of us recognize that we can access a wide range of learning material and we are making...Blog
4th Jan 2019
Tom Corley, whose list of best-selling books includes ‘Rich Habits’, ‘Change your Habits, Change your Life; and ‘Rich Habits, Poor Habits...Blog