The Brain Bath?! team received news this week that a boss in Glasgow recently held a job interview naked in order, he says, to satisfy his boredom. Since his unveiling he has been given three years probation and placed on the sex offenders' register
Neil Gouldson, employment law expert at Manchester law firm Rowe Cohen says the case should serve as a stark warning to employers: "Although this is a very unusual case, bosses should still beware of trying to make any jokes during an interview. Employees are becoming ever more litigious so it's vital that employers tread carefully when interviewing."
So you guessed it this week we want to hear about your interview nightmares (hopefully not as weird as above). We have devised an 'interview nightmares' top 10 to get you going. Post your nightmares/amusing anecdotes at the bottom of this article.
The Brain Bath?! team's top 10
1. One of your interview panel members falls asleep in the middle of the interview.
2. Your candidate attends the interview wearing inappropriate clothing for example a tuxedo, humorous Homer Simpson tie and musical socks. (Incidentally, tuxedo candidate explained that he was attending a wedding so he just hired the suit for an extra day!)
3. You recognise your interviewee/ interviewer from a wanted poster in the post office/ Crimewatch/ flashbacks from a very drunken night...
4. Your cocky candidate takes control of the interview with: “And just what are your qualifications to interview me?”
5. You have to get through the interview avoiding breathing through your nose as your candidate/ interviewer has the worse case of body odour you have ever encountered…help!
6. Candidate/interviewer leaves mobile phone on during interview which he answers all the way through (complete with appropriate ring tones depending on who calls e.g death march for boss etc).
7. Twenty minutes into the interview you realise you are interviewing the candidate for the wrong job… whoops!
8. You ask your candidate what they do in their spare time and they demonstrate their passion for you by singing some awful song out of key, start to tap dance complete with jazz hands or prove their magic skills by pulling coins out of your ear.
9. Your candidate arrives complete with child and dog.
10. You decide you are going for the "wow factor" and having mugged up on various "Wall Street" style films, walk into the room, state, "Impress me", yawn and start reading the newspaper. Interviewee then reaches for a lighter, ignites newspaper and exits the room!